Military reunion venue ideas are an integral part of any successful reunion.
Hotels and restaurants with the appropriate sized banquet rooms are often the first choice for most reunion planners as they have all the necessary services for groups planning reunions, including food options, AV equipment, tables and chairs, tablecloths and utensils, décor and other related amenities.
- Historic military sites such as Norfolk (largest naval installation in the world), San Antonio (Alamo), San Diego (large naval base), Washington DC (all war monuments, etc.)
- Locations that have choices for various family activities such as Branson, Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Nashville, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C. just to name a few that have military bases and facilities. Also, some generic locations as naval docks or yards, battleships, army depots, airport restaurants like The Encounter at LAX, legion halls, museums like the WASP Museum in Sweetwater, Texas honoring women who served in the airforce: http://waspmuseum.org/, or army campgrounds http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/
- Locations near battleships, air force bases, sky diving centers, Marine Corp bases or army barracks, such as Fort Bragg, Veterans Park in Fayetteville, North Carolina: http://www2.visitfayettevillenc.com/military_in_cumberland_county/militaryreunions.html
- If all else fails, try http://www.uniquevenues.com/military. They list all kinds of unique venues for any event in various cities across the United States and Canada.
Find out if a military reunion is being planned by visiting: http://www.grunt.com/corps/reunions/
Key issues to consider for a successful military reunion venue might include:
- focus on a special event, location or activity related to your group
- affordable hotel and meals
- large banquet room
- destinations with on-site or nearby activities for families
- free parking
- airport shuttles to/from the airport
- complementary overnight room in hotel
- free breakfast
- free hospitality room with tables to display memorabilia
- free coffee & ice for hospitality room.
Have Other Military Location Ideas? Please let us know so we can include them.
Those who have shared experiences and a common bond, perhaps from the same unit, same ship…