Setting the Tone for your Reunion can make all the Difference
Events are always more fun and can inspire attendance with the right ambiance. Here are some ideas:
- Create a theme. Then decorate, design and incorporate it into all aspects of the event
- Invite special guests. Ask them to speak or be involved in the program for a brief time, prepare a scintillating introduction and present a special gift to the honored guest/s.
- Hold the reunion at a unique location. Depending on your group size, try a unique location like a dude ranch, a museum, outdoor theme park, a cruise, castle, aquarium, golf course, national park, or other resort
- Make the reunion in honor of a special occasion; A milestone birthday, anniversary or holiday.
After establishing the theme, include a logo or representative image on all correspondence, emails, social networking sites, invitations, memory book, decorations, table centerpieces, etc…
- Add a charitable component to the reunion. For class reunions, make a donation to the alumni association or other school project. Plant a tree at the high school or donate to a fund that supports student scholarships.
- Design a Memory Album with pictures and information from each participant. Include then and now photos from each reunion. Include results from any questionnaire that was produced.
- Create name tags, buttons or stickers highlighting your school, family or military unit.
- Have the reunion invitations, décor, tickets and centerpieces interactive to spark conversation and interpretations.
- Ask the DJ or musical guest play music from the era that is being celebrated
- Invent a cleverly reunion-related drink to add a fun component to the cocktail hour.
- Ask guests to donate their own creations (tied to the theme of the reunion) as souvenirs or door prizes.